`
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

~Hebrews 12: 1-2

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grazing Cows

I was out in the pasture yesterday evening, sitting there with my notebook of bull proofs and a note section for confirmation faults on the cows to try to focus on when I mate them.  Of course, I was quickly surrounded by a curious group of bovine, who wanted to use me as a scratching post, lick the notebook (so glad I put page protectors on my bull proof pages), rub their wet noses on the notebook, sniff me, and pester me until I scratched their heads :). 

But, as I sat there I was just thankful to God for the chance to sit in the sunny pasture and look as His creation.  He truly is the master artist, and I am thankful that (for now anyways) He has allowed Danny and I to be stewards of this group of animals.

I got to view all kinds of cows while I was out there...

...there were shiny cows


Add caption

....and curious cows

...and cows that were in heat

...and even a cow that wasn't feeling so good
 We caught her today and gave her some things that will hopefully help her feel (and look) a little better.  She didn't have a temperature though, so that is good. 



I love watching the cows.  It just amazes me to see how God designed everything so perfectly to fit in this universe He created. 

 I have been reading in Psalms here lately, and I am seeing just how important and how much emphasis the psalmists put on praising God.  So often I forget to do that and instead I grumble about everything that isn't going exactly how I want it to go.  When I do remember to focus on God instead of the things that trouble me or bother me, it doesn't necessarily make my problems go away, but it is then that God reminds me that He is sovereign and that everything that is happening around us and to us is not too big for Him to handle.  He is never surprised or unprepared for it.  This realization allows me to rest in Him and trust that no matter the outcome we are still in God's hands, and I find so much peace in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment