`
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

~Hebrews 12: 1-2

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Little Girl Blue

On the 7th of March I posted that we had 49 cows milking and 24 live heifer calves. 

On the 15th of March we have 95 cows milking and 40 live heifer calves. 

Yesterday evening, Danny came looking for me after chores were all done except for one new bull calf that he just brought in that needed to be fed.  Below is a picture of what he found.



So, to cherish the moment, my husband took a picture of me with his phone and sent it to all of his family members...feeling the love.  While I was sleeping, he did feed the last bull calf.  So, I can't complain :).  Love that man.

Seems that every time we take a load of calves to Danny's dad's farm the cows sense the emptiness of the pen and have a group effort to try and fill it back up.  Today we took 8 calves down, left three newborns at home and by the time we were done with chores two more had calved.  We are just thankful that they had them without needing our assistance. 

Blessings to you all (yawn) I think I will head to bed.  No telling how many new ones there will be to greet us in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment