`
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

~Hebrews 12: 1-2

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Auctioned Off

We got up early, fed the babies, milked the one hundred and some odd cows (which seems like so few cows now) and headed out to watch my father-in-law's cows sell at New Holland Sales Stables.  We got up early enough so that we were able to head to the Shady Maple for breakfast!  All-you-can-eat bacon for breakfast?  Yes, please! 

We actually shipped the cows to the auction the morning before the sale.  I was pretty impressed with how they had the cows looking.  They had the manure spots washed off, their back ends and udders clipped up, and the cows bagged up nicely but not overdone.  The cows looked sharp, I thought and my father-in-law was pleased with how they sold.  As with every sale, there are some that bring more then you would think and then there are some that bring less then you think they should.  The top two cows at the sale were 1103 and 2ey in that order.

I did manage to snap a few pictures at the sale.  They weren't the best, but it will help me to remember the experience later.  The blur in the first two pictures is # 10 as she was a little anxious in the ring.





My biggest concern was that 304 would calve at the sale (as she was due today), but she didn't and she walked into the ring like she owned the world and calmly looked around at the crowd and casually went and sniffed at a few bystanders before being ushered out.  I know that worry does not accomplish anything and I am trying to learn to give my worries to the Lord and remember that He is in control.  (And I did pray that 304 would hold on to that baby until she reached her new home).  I am continually amazed how the Creator of the universe will listen to my anxious prayers about a cow and answer them, but even if He chose not to answer my prayers in the way that I wished, He is still God, and He is still in control and I can rest in that knowledge.  A verse that I have meditated on for a while now is

Philippians 4:  6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplications with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus.

As I remember to pray to God, and let go of the hold that I think I have on the situation, and trust in Him, I have indeed experienced that peace.  I pray the same for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment